CSWIP 3.0 / 3.1 / 3.2 TRAINING IN INDIA - TWI CERTIFICATION
CSWIP TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
- Level I - 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector
- Level II - 3.1 Welding Inspector
- Level III - 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector
CSWIP 3.0 VISUAL WELDING INSPECTOR
Welders, operators, line inspectors and foremen who undertake visual examination of welded joints; quality control staff associated with welding; all staff who need basic training in welding inspection coupled with a qualification in this field.
This course is also available with a practical module: CSWIP 3.0 Plus - Visual Welding Inspector with Practical Module (4 days).
This welding inspection course covers: visual inspection procedures; relevant codes of practice, terms and definitions; welding processes and typical welding defects; weld measurements; typical documentation and requirements; practical inspection and reporting. All CSWIP requirement documents are available at www.cswiptraining.com.
The examination procedure for the Visual Welding Inspector consists of only a practical examination:
- To identify various weld imperfections (defects)
- To understand the relevant welding technology related to visual inspection
- To understand the need for documentation in welding
- To be aware of codes and standards related to inspection requirements
- To carry out inspection of parent materials and consumables
- To carry out visual inspection of welds, report on them and assess their compliance with specified acceptance criteria
- To pass the CSWIP 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector qualification.
Examination applicants must submit a detailed CV/resume when booking this course
Enrolment on this course does not constitute reservation of an examination. All courses may be followed by a CSWIP Welding Inspector examination for candidates with appropriate experience as specified in CSWIP document WI-6-92. All CSWIP requirement documents are available at www.cswiptrainingindia.com
Although there is no specific experience requirement it is recommended that candidates possess a minimum of six months' welding related engineering experience and two years industrial experience.
In addition, candidates must comply with Clause 1.3.4 of CSWIP document WI-6-92 available at www.cswiptrainingindia.com
CSWIP 3.1 WELDING INSPECTOR
Inspection engineers and supervisory staff. The course is ideal for inspectors requiring preparation for the CSWIP examinations - Welding Inspector.
Those with little or no previous welding experience are advised to attend the Certificate in Visual Inspection of Welds course to prepare for this course.
The duties and responsibilities of a welding inspector; fusion welding processes; typical weld defects; types of steel; carbon-manganese, low alloy and stainless steels; hardening of steels; weldability; heat treatment; parent metal defects; visual inspection; testing parent metals and welds; destructive tests; NDT techniques; welder and procedure approval; codes and standards; outline of safe working practices; practice in examination questions; continuous and end-of-course assessment. In addition, candidates meeting the CSWIP requirements for eligibility complete the relevant CSWIP examination on day 5.
- To understand factors which influence the quality of fusion welds in steels
- To recognise characteristics of commonly used welding processes in relation to quality control
- To interpret drawing instructions and symbols to ensure that specifications are met
- To set up and report on inspection of welds, macrosections and other mechanical tests
- To assess and report on welds to acceptance levels
- To confirm that incoming material meets stipulated requirements and recognise the effects on weld quality of departure from specification
- To be in a position to pass the Welding Inspector - Level 2 examinations
CSWIP Welding Inspector examination - All candidates must attend a CSWIP approved course of training prior to examination. Enrolment on this course does not constitute reservation of an examination. All courses may be followed by a CSWIP Welding Inspector examination for candidates with appropriate experience as specified in CSWIP document WI-6-92. All CSWIP documents are available at www.cswiptraining.com
- Welding Inspector for a minimum of 3 years with experience related to the duties and responsibilities listed in Clause 1.2.2 of CSWIP document WI-6-92, under qualified supervision, independently verified OR
- Certified Visual Welding Inspector (Level 1) for a minimum of 2 years with job responsibilities in the areas listed in 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 of CSWIP document WI-6-92 OR
- Welding Instructor or Welding Foreman/Supervisor for a minimum of 5 years
In addition to all the above, candidates must comply with Clause 1.3.4 of document WI-6-92 available at www.cswiptrainingindia.com
CSWIP 3.2 SENIOR WELDING INSPECTOR
Experienced welding inspectors and quality control staff, especially those who are proceeding to the CSWIP Senior Welding Inspector examination. It is essential that course members have a knowledge of the subjects covered in the course Welding Inspector before joining this course.
It is the responsibility of the examination candidates to either hold CSWIP Welding Inspector 3.1 or consider attending the Welding Inspector course and examination (WIS5E) prior to this course/examination.
Function and responsibilities of a senior welding inspector; defects in welds; weld symbol interpretation; interpretation of NDT reports; documentation of welding; approval and certification procedures; general principles of supervision; case studies; planning; organisation; interpretation of fractured surfaces; auditing; practice in typical examination questions; course assessments.
- To understand the various facets of welding inspection and quality control
- To assess the validity of a welding procedure
- To recognise origins of weld defects
- To interpret features of a fracture surface and prepare detailed reports
- To scrutinise and correct inspection reports
- To plan, organise and supervise use of skilled inspectors and NDT personnel
- To conduct pre-, during and post welding audits
- To be in a position to pass the relevant examination
- Enrolment on this course does not constitute reservation of an examination. All courses may be followed by a CSWIP Welding Inspector examination for candidates with appropriate experience as specified in CSWIP document WI-6-92. See CSWIP document available for download from the CSWIP website.
- Although this course covers most of the syllabus for the examination it does not include training in interpretation of radiographs. Examination candidates who do not possess a current CSWIP or PCN Radiographic Interpreter's certificate should attend the Interpretation of Radiographs - Part B (light and dense metal welds) course and examination.
- Certified Welding Inspector (Level 2) for a minimum of 2 years with job responsibilities in the areas listed in 1.2.1, 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 of CSWIP document WI-6-92 OR
- 5 years' authenticated experience related to the duties and responsibilities listed in Clause 1.2.3, independently verified.
In either case above candidates must hold a valid CSWIP Level 2 (3.1) certificate.
In addition to the above, candidates must comply with Clause 1.3.4 of document WI-6-92 available at www.cswiptrainingindia.com
CSWIP 3.0 / 3.1 / 3.2 TRAINING IN INDIA - TWI CERTIFICATION
- Typical Duties of Welding Inspectors
- Terms and Defintions
- Welding Imperfections and material Inspection
- Destructive Testing
- Non-Destructive Testing
- WPS/Welder Qualifications
- Materials Inspection
- Codes and Standards
- Welding Symbols
- Introduction to Welding Processes
- Manual Metal Arc/sHIELDES Metal Arc Welding(MMA/SMAW)
- Tig Welding
- MIG/MAG Welding
- Submerged Arc Welding
- Thermal Cutting Processes
- Welding Consumables
- Weldability of Steels
- Weld Repairs
- Residual Stresses and Distortions
- Heat Treatment
- ARC Welding Safety
- Application and Control of Preheat
Examination Contents(Multiple Choice Questions)
70% is Required Each Section 20 Macroscopic Questions-45Minutes
30 General Question-45 Minutes 20 Plate Butt Questions-75Minutes
60 Technology Questions-90 Minutes 20 pipe Butt Questions-105 Minutes